Introduction To 360 EXCAVATOR OPERATOR TRAINING
Since the introduction of the Approved Code of Practice in April 1989, it has become a legal requirement for employers to ensure that operators receive adequate and appropriate training and a recommendation has been made by the HSE that refresher training is carried out every 3-5 years. Under ACOP no-one should be employed to operate this equipment unless they have completed satisfactorily, basic training and passed a test of competence.
Courses offered by P B Driver Training are carried out by approved ITSSAR instructors, who follow the guidelines laid down by ITSSAR. Instruction covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of operating mechanical handling equipment, and trainees are awarded a certificate of competence upon successful completion of the course.
Training is provided on-site only.
On successful completion the participant will be able to:-
- Be aware of the statutory requirements
- Knowledgeable in Site Safety Awareness
- Knowledgeable in the Operators Safety Code
- Be aware of road & site travelling procedures
- Introduction to the machine
- Control familiarisation
- Pre-Start checks & basic maintenance procedures
- Basic driving procedures & practice
- Use of hydraulic controls
- Parking at End of Shift Procedures/ Practice
- Road & Site Travelling Procedures/Practice
- Excavating & Digging Procedures/Practice
- Trenching Procedures/Practice
- Backfilling Procedures/Practice
- Site Levelling & Ground Consolidation Procedures/Practice
- Practical Tests
- Theory tests
- 3 Novices – 5 days / 3 Existing operators – 2 Days / 3 Certified Refreshers – 1 day(Please note: For refresher or re-registration proof of experience or training must be provided) DocumentationIndividual certificates are supplied upon successful completion as evidence of training and will be issued upon receipt of payment of training course.
We have produced a number of videos aimed at giving people who are considering taking some mechanical handling training some insight.