B+E and C1+E Courses, Trailer Towing Training
Trailer Towing for Caravans, Horse Boxes, Generators, Cars, Plant and Machinery
This course is aimed at people who wish to learn the skills necessary not only to meet but surpass the standards set by the Driving Standards Agency for B+E tests.
From January 1997, new drivers may only drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight(GVW) with a 750kg trailer combination. Towing anything over this limit requires DSA test for B+E category licence. Towing under a provisional licence is not acceptable.
- B+E course length is 12 hours for drivers experienced in reversing.
- 16 hours for novice driver
- Reversing & Controlled Stop Techniques
- Highway Code
- Coupling & Uncoupling
- Road Procedures
- Vehicle Control
- Daily Vehicle Checks
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Alertness to & Anticipation of other road users
- Answer approximately 5 questions on basic vehicle checks.
- Reverse into a marked bay.
- Controlled brake test.
- Uncoupling & Re-coupling a trailer.
- Drive for approximately 1 hour around a town environment.
- Test may also include hill starts & Motorway driving.
Requirements to add for C1+E
Before you can enrol on the practical course and take the test:
- You must be 18 or over.
- Must hold a category B (Car) full entitlement licence.
- Must hold a category C1 licence.
We can provide a DSA approved B+E and C1+E training vehicle and trailer or, if your vehicle combination is suitable, we can use yours.
• Give us a call to arrange practical training and test
We have produced a number of videos aimed at giving people who are considering taking some driver training some insight.